Day 2 of the Husker Invite saw much success for the Jackrabbits. Here are some highlights:
1. Lora Shearer setting a school record in the 60m Hurdles with a time of 8.69 seconds. She won the consolation heat and beat most of the finals heat as well. The finals heat included Alexa Duling of USD and Deborah John of NDSU, Lora's main competition for the Summit League. The race was followed up by typical Shearer celebration as usual after a good performance.
2. The women's Mile saw Erin Hargens and Danielle McCann unveil the new Jackrabbit uniforms and set Personal Bests in the process. Erin ran 5:05 and Danielle ran 5:09.
3. The Men's 3k saw two Jacks run well in very different heats. Greg Vollmer made a big move in the unseeded section and ended up with a time of 8:33. Trent Lusignan basically ran a time-trial in the Special heat and ran 8:31. Both of those times rank just outside the top-10 in the Summit League. In my opinion, the Men's 3k is the hardest event to finish in the top 8 in the Summit League.
4. The 4x4s! A good 4x4 race may be the best race in track. Especially on an indoor track. It is full of drama and usually has the attention of all the fans as it is the last race of the day. Our 4x4s had their first good meet of the year. The men ran 3:17, the second fastest time in school history. They also ran a faster time than USD and NDSU in the fast heat.
5. Jake Schneller's 800m race was nearly a school record. Jake ran 1:51.58 and coach Rod DeHaven's school record is 1:51.31. In the process he defeated rivals Travis Fitzke of NDSU and Casey Shade of USD.
Next up, the Iowa State Classic. Friday February 10th and 11th. This meet is usually the most competitive meet the Jacks attend all year and as a result produces many of the best times of the year. Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks! Thanks for reading and don't forget to support my blog by clicking an ad!
Day 2 Results