The Jacks competed well at the Nebraska Tune-Up and USD's John Dalton Invitational. Here are some highlights:
1. Gina Fritz runs her first open 400 in 58.12. Teammate, Jessica McDonald was right behind in her second best time of 58.22. The Jacks look to have a strong 4x4 for the Summit Leagues. Fritz also came back strong in the 200m with a time of 25.66, her 2nd best of the season.
2. Krista Creager ran an all-time PR in the 800 with a 2:16.06 clocking. She moves into 12th in the Summit League.
3. Tera Potts broke 5 minutes for the first time and did it in style with a 4:56! Volunteer assistant coach and SDSU alum, Dani Burke, ran a PR of 4:54. Also in the Mile was Brooke Peterson, she ran a PR and came back strong to place 3rd in the 1000m.
4. The Women's 3k saw 3 for 3 on PRs as Danielle McCann, Leah Bolon and Alex Suhr all ran well.
5. Katie Boote and Josie Oakland both ran under the 19 minute barrier for the first time with big PRs.
6. Jared Foote nearly broke the school record in the 600m run with a clocking of 1:21.10. Everett Gebhart holds the record at 1:21.07.
7. Dom Thielen continues to improve his 800m time. After running 1:52.30 last weekend he runs 1:52.23 this weekend. Along with Jake Schneller, who took the weekend off, the Jacks should score big points in the 800m at Summit League.
8. The Men's 3k saw Greg Beesley win his heat with a strong finish. Andrew Thies also ran well with a 9:05 clocking. Andrew also PR'd in the Mile earlier in the day. He shows promise for the next couple years.
9. Jared Vlastuin won the High Jump at USD. He looks to be the biggest point scorer for the Jacks.
10. Calvin Cammack sets a season best and indoor PR in the Pole Vault with a vault of 15'11". Calvin ranks 6th in the conference. Freshman Cody Fossum keeps improving in the vault as well with a 13'11" vault.
11. The throwers are ready for conference! After a big opener at Mankato in December the throwers had cooled off but coach Tyg Long has them ready when it counts. Brooke Garner looks to bring home a few titles and don't forget about Jake Brinkmann who has a Weight Throw title under his belt from two years ago.