Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

My New Year's Resolution is to run every day of 2012 and to blog every day of 2012.  Upon careful observation you may find that I didn't blog the first 3 days of the year.  But since this is my blog, I get to make the rules.  I didn't make my New Years Resolution until January 10th so that is when my year begins.

You may ask "Why would you want to run every single day?" or "Couldn't that be bad for you?"  And my answers would be "So I can join the United States Running Streak Association" and "Yes, but their rules say you only have to run a mile.  A mile can't hurt, right?"  I mean who wouldn't want their name to be among the legends such as Stephen DeBoer of Rochester Minnesota who is 57 and has run every day since he was 17.  Some people have streaks twice as long as I've been alive!  Here is the USRSA Active List.  I have currently run every day since November 30, 2011 so I have awhile before I get to be on the lists.

Thanks for reading and supporting my blogging and running habits!  Check back soon!


No comments: